Friday, September 3, 2010

Establishing The First Step

I'm about twenty eight hours into The Max Project and I've already realized the first step I need to take.  I haven't realized it until now, but I completely ignore this dog.  When I went into the living room last night after the official start of The Max Project, I decided to sit on the ground to pet and love on Max.  So, I did pretty good last night, but this morning when I woke up, I just walked right past him over and over and over again.  It hit me midway through my granola bar that I'm not keeping up with my challenge and that the norm for me is to just ignore him.  So, now I'm getting somewhere:

Step 1: Give Max Attention

After finishing my delicious granola bar, I stopped to pet Max and talk sweet with him for a few minutes.  I honestly think it confused him, but he didn't argue.  He wagged his crooked little tail and just loved on me while I spent some time with him.  I have to admit, it felt good to give him the attention he'd been craving all this time!  So far, I'd have to say The Max Project has been successful and I'm very excited by my positive progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment